ALL AMERICAN MUSTANGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FAMILY OF MUSTANG LOVERS LOCATED HERE ON LONG ISLAND NY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whether to remove A/C condensor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1Fastfox

1Fastfox

Whether to remove A/C condensor? Empty
PostSubject: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Well my upper radiator hose attachment is leaking pretty bad, so ordered a new BeCool radiator. Just wondering if it would be worth removing the A/C condensor to help with better cooling. The cr is a convertible and in 5 yrs of ownership, I have never used the AC. Do you think I will see improved cooling by removing the condensor? Also how hard is it to discharge the Freon? Any suggestions would be great.
Back to top Go down
trc98gt
Admin
trc98gt

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 am

First of all you should ask your question on another forum because only three people use this one. One being me, and I know virtually nothing about cars except how to drive them. Do you know if the A/C even works? Remember it only comes on when you turn it on, or in the winter when you turn on the defroster. It lets the car have dehumidified air so that the defroster can work quicker/better. If you use the car in the winter you might consider keeping it. If you’re not using it regular basis it’s probably shot already. You might be able to release the Freon by sticking a pin in the hose and release the gas slowly. Don’t quote me, because I’m a dimwit when it comes to this stuff. Good luck

Last edited by trc98gt on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1Fastfox

1Fastfox

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:31 am

THe AC works perfectly, actually colder than my daily driver. I dio you the car in the fall but not sure I would need defroster then and my heater core blew so I have no heat.
Chris
Back to top Go down
trc98gt
Admin
trc98gt

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 am

Pull it. I hear fixing the heater core on that car is a SOB. The A/C also draws a lot from the engine when it’s on.
Back to top Go down
jschuman213

jschuman213

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:05 pm

I would leave all alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it or in this case touch it. I know the car is a convertable but there might come a day were you are driving in 90 + degree weather with the sun beating down on you and that will be the day you will regret removing the a/c....
Back to top Go down
trc98gt
Admin
trc98gt

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:56 am

A very good choice, sometimes you just need to talk to someone to reason things out. Stay cool.
Back to top Go down
1Fastfox

1Fastfox

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:25 pm

I will be leaving it in, JUst need to clean the condensor up a bit it was filthy.
Thanks all,
Chris
Back to top Go down
SVT281wKB

SVT281wKB

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:43 am

1Fastfox wrote:
Well my upper radiator hose attachment is leaking pretty bad, so ordered a new BeCool radiator. Just wondering if it would be worth removing the A/C condensor to help with better cooling. The cr is a convertible and in 5 yrs of ownership, I have never used the AC. Do you think I will see improved cooling by removing the condensor? Also how hard is it to discharge the Freon? Any suggestions would be great.
I would leave it alone and cleanit as much as possible ,,plus the resale value is always better if the a/c is intact just ask lou.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whether to remove A/C condensor?   Whether to remove A/C condensor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whether to remove A/C condensor?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ALL AMERICAN MUSTANGS :: TECH SECTION :: TECH QUESTIONS-
Jump to: