ALL AMERICAN MUSTANGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FAMILY OF MUSTANG LOVERS LOCATED HERE ON LONG ISLAND NY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whether to replace exhaust or not?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1Fastfox

1Fastfox

Whether to replace exhaust or not? Empty
PostSubject: Whether to replace exhaust or not?   Whether to replace exhaust or not? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Right now I am running BBK catted H pipe and Dynomax mufflers. Since there is no longer an emmisions test and the guy at the auto shop said he doesnt look for cats, I was thinking of removing the Hpipe for a catless BBK H pipe and Flowmaster Stainless Super 44 cat back. Anybody think this is worth it? Any better performance or sound from the change? Let me know what you guys think.

Later,
Chris
Back to top Go down
jschuman213

jschuman213

PostSubject: Re: Whether to replace exhaust or not?   Whether to replace exhaust or not? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:12 pm

perfomance will be minimal maybe 5-8hp sound will go up (might like it of might be too loud)
however you will get an exhaust smell once cats are gone...
really up to you
Back to top Go down
On Edge

On Edge

PostSubject: Re: Whether to replace exhaust or not?   Whether to replace exhaust or not? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:06 pm

is the bbk catted ....with high flow cats....if so i think gains would be minimal.
if not, at best 5 hp.
also re mufflers....its all hit / miss.
you can have the same exact exhausts on 2 different cars....and it will sound different.
Back to top Go down
On Edge

On Edge

PostSubject: Re: Whether to replace exhaust or not?   Whether to replace exhaust or not? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 9:07 pm

if anything....go with a pro-chamber...they sound real nice.
Back to top Go down
USMC500

USMC500

PostSubject: Re: Whether to replace exhaust or not?   Whether to replace exhaust or not? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:06 am

Pro chamber sounds awesome on th efox body's and you will gain more then 8hp cause you are supercharged I would say about 20-30 hp or more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whether to replace exhaust or not?   Whether to replace exhaust or not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whether to replace exhaust or not?
Page 1 of 1