ALL AMERICAN MUSTANGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FAMILY OF MUSTANG LOVERS LOCATED HERE ON LONG ISLAND NY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Synthetic oils pros-n-cons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SVT281wKB

SVT281wKB

Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Empty
PostSubject: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Hey everyone I'm asking if the synthetics R worth it there's talk they are creating blow by and not doing a good job with the bearings on hi-po motors .What's the deal does anyone know real deal .
Back to top Go down
NASTNASO

NASTNASO

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:34 pm

I've always heard a full synthetic is the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
SVT281wKB

SVT281wKB

PostSubject: synthet oils   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Hey Ryan thanks, I have too, but lately I've been seeing a few things that are makin me feel a lil skeptical.Like one guy who was using syns and had some blowby and had some probs with his S/C.I'll dig up the articles and pass them on.i've been using syns since I got my GT with no issues but it's been doing some weird things lately and am wondering if the oil could be the problem.
Oh Well Later TonyG.
Back to top Go down
NASTNASO

NASTNASO

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:11 am

I really can't believe that a full synthetic oil would be the cause to some enigne or S/c problems. I mean what else are you gonna use. A full synthetic is better than any blend or non-synthetic I'm sure you're fine with your oil choice.
Back to top Go down
SVT281wKB

SVT281wKB

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:32 am

Thanks again Ryan appreciate it.I will continue to use.
BTW Happy New Year to you and Yours!
Back to top Go down
NASTNASO

NASTNASO

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 am

Thanks Tony you as well
Back to top Go down
GotSVT

GotSVT

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:02 pm

Amsoil hands down , If you don't want to spend the cash motorcraft syntic-blend..

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ - Check out this site.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
SVT281wKB

SVT281wKB

PostSubject: Synths pros cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:01 pm

Up till now I've been using castrol full syntec but I am gonna switch to amsoil found a place in bklyn that sells cheap ......heard real good things about amsoil they put a chemical in that adheres to the metals in the motor and means that when ever motor sits for a long time,like all ours do there's always some oil on the metals,such as bearings and rings etc.
Hey Mike Happy NewYears to ya and yours. TonyG(gonzo)
Back to top Go down
Evan Almighty

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Royal Purple

end/
Back to top Go down
STANGBOY

STANGBOY

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:58 am

I use royal purple It's said's It's lubacates the top end on colds starts and on a dino tested it gets 10 hoespower more to the motor it is costly but if you didn't care about your car we wouldn't have met Joe Stang boy P.S. how do you put a picture of my car on club picture please let me know afro
Back to top Go down
SVT281wKB

SVT281wKB

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Do you mean in the members rides section or as a signature.
TRY this link and follow instructions:

http://www.imageshack.us/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Synthetic oils pros-n-cons   Synthetic oils pros-n-cons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Synthetic oils pros-n-cons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ALL AMERICAN MUSTANGS :: TECH SECTION :: TECH QUESTIONS-
Jump to: