ALL AMERICAN MUSTANGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FAMILY OF MUSTANG LOVERS LOCATED HERE ON LONG ISLAND NY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Almost back in action

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jps51830

Almost back in action Empty
PostSubject: Almost back in action   Almost back in action Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Haven't been aroung for a while or looking at the site. On Feb 1st the motor decided it was hungry and ate a rod. After a day or so of debating I pulled the trigger on a 298 stroker block from Livernois motorsports. I should have the car back tomorrow from Real Speed, which btw did a great job getting her all back together again and tuned up. but if you had work done by Dan then you already know that. She's putting down 532 rwhp with 476 rwtq through an automatic tranny on 16lbs of boost. Here's what I can remember I had put in the car, I changed so much stuff I forget what all was done;

Livernois 298 stroker block, Livernois scrapper (custom designed peice they have and replaces the windage tray) FRPP ported heads, Livernois stage 1 cams (aggresive with a real nice idle), Vortech 8 rib pulley set-up, 3.00 vortech pulley, 60lb injectors, Moser 31 spline axles (the stockers are 31 spline but I didn't trust them lol) Transmission rebuilt with some beefier stuff done by centereach transmisson (and appears so far they know the stuff on the S197 tranny's), upgraded the AIS tubing to stainless steel (the other one was plastic and I didn't trust it either) and a couple of other things I can't remember. Everytime I went to talk with Dan we kept changing and adding some stuff.

So while it was a little more costly with the Livernois stuff and a few upgrades I did a lot of research prior in anticipation of this happening and now think it will be real solid and hold up to some fun.

So, see you all around the street and shows and maybe a track rental real soon.
Back to top Go down
SVT281wKB

SVT281wKB

PostSubject: Re: Almost back in action   Almost back in action Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Sounds great I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person yet but was at realspeed past saturday and saw the car being re-done awesome trans too,good luck with all.See you at one of the future meets.
Back to top Go down
NASTNASO

NASTNASO

PostSubject: Re: Almost back in action   Almost back in action Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Soon to come Joe can't wait to see what you got.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Almost back in action   Almost back in action Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Almost back in action
Page 1 of 1