ALL AMERICAN MUSTANGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A FAMILY OF MUSTANG LOVERS LOCATED HERE ON LONG ISLAND NY

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need advise on caliper covers?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1Fastfox

1Fastfox

Need advise on caliper covers? Empty
PostSubject: Need advise on caliper covers?   Need advise on caliper covers? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:58 pm

So I did the rear disc upgrade and I want to add the caliper covers in the rear as well. Just wondering which you guys like better the 5.0 or the Pony?
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/assets/images/2011_mustang_caliper_covers_red.jpg
http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/products/schem/MGP/large/mgp_10198-S-MBP-RD.jpg
Thanks,
Chris
Back to top Go down
On Edge

On Edge

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on caliper covers?   Need advise on caliper covers? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Just FYI.....if you want to spend the $ ...... You can get custom made caliper covers .......... " 1 FAST FOX ".

If not, I like the pony vs the 5.0.
Back to top Go down
ReplayMan

ReplayMan

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on caliper covers?   Need advise on caliper covers? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Don't Do It! You spent the money on a really nice set of rear calipers. They look awesome on the car...I saw them them already. LOL. The covers just don't look good. Do it right and have your front calipers sprayed to match.
Back to top Go down
1Fastfox

1Fastfox

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on caliper covers?   Need advise on caliper covers? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 1:16 pm

Kevin the rears are bare metal just clear coated. There is no way I can get the fronts to look like the rears. I would have to remove the calipers to be done. Do you know of anybody that can do it? I want the calipers to be red. What do you think about painting them? Since I already have the fronts and I like the way they look it would just be easier to do the covers. I was leaning more toward the pony logo myself.
Thanks,
Chris
Back to top Go down
ReplayMan

ReplayMan

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on caliper covers?   Need advise on caliper covers? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 1:27 pm

The fronts can be blasted and cleared too.  Try Elite Coatings in Plainview.  Only problem is your calipers would have to be removed and disassembled, and your car would be laid up somewhere.  Definetly worth it.  Funny thing, I was going to call you and recommend this when I saw your car being worked on.  But I didn't want to be noisey.  LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advise on caliper covers?   Need advise on caliper covers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advise on caliper covers?
Page 1 of 1